4 days ceramics workshop 4h/day
Date: October 28,
November 4, 11, 18
Time: 14:00 -17:30
Location on this date: Alexandra Constantinescu Studio, 19 Garii Street, Cluj-Napoca
This workshop allows you to create porcelain and clay pieces following your interests and imagination. By exploring different techniques and materials, you will be able to build functional or art objects.
You will learn about:
- Ceramics: introduction
- Materials: classification, properties; ceramic materials, glazes, pigments /porcelain versus clay
- Tools -the most important tools and how to work with them
- Molds- how to build and use the plaster molds
- Slip casting technique – how to prepare the porcelain for this technique
- Adding color– pigments, underglazes, engobes
- Sgraffito technique
- Hand-building techniques– slab building, coiling, pinching, and pressing methods.
- Texture –creating texture with found objects and other tools
- Biscuit firing
- Glazing process- you will learn how to prepare a glaze and the methods you can apply it
- Glaze firing – learn the specific temperature for ceramics materials
- Lusters –what is a luster and how to use it
- Recycling and reusing the ceramic scraps and glazes
The ceramics workshop is based on a practical approach so expect live demonstrations and lots of creative experiments.
You will receive the objects after the final firing. Conclusions.
See you soon!